FANGORIA #9 is here! And to our surprise, it’s got more new release coverage than one might reasonably expect in the year 2020. But crack it open and there it is:
- We go all in on Freaky, a post-post (-post?) modern slasher with gore and heart in equal measure. We’ve got a chat with the film’s director (Christopher Landon), star (Kathryn Newton), and a piece about writing the film from co-screenwriter Michael Kennedy;
- 12 Hour Shift is a bile-black comedy from filmmaker Brea Grant, and we’ve got an exclusive interview with the genre gem;
- Brandon Cronenberg’s Possessor carries on a fine tradition of heady concepts and gnarly practical FX. For the former, we’ve got an interview with the filmmaker; for the latter, FX artist Dan Martin outlines how he achieved a particularly memorable kill.
- Filmmaker Jim Cummings (Thunder Road) enters the horror fray with The Wolf of Snow Hollow, and in this issue he details his thoughts about making the film;
- New fiction from Clay McLeod Chapman;
- Four Fango editors remember the legendary Robert H. Martin;
- Plus Jonah Ray Rodrigues recounts how his brother terrorized him with Candyman as a child.
Despite the stress and challenges of the ongoing global situation, our fall issue has everything you’ve come to expect from FANGORIA - and then some.