You’re creeping through the wreckage of a post-apocalyptic world, when suddenly, a magazine catches your eye. You pick it up, and brush a cloud of dust off its cover. It’s FANGORIA #7 - from January 2020! A relic from the Before Times, its innocence and optimism thrumming faintly through the air….
Who could have seen this global pandemic coming? Judging by FANGORIA #7, we sure didn't! Like a frozen time capsule of an alternate universe, Fango #7 is packed with coverage on spring releases that were yanked from the schedule moments after the mag went to print. Peruse our predictions: which ones were frighteningly wrong? What paradigms are gone for good? A must-have for film historians….
- SAINT MAUD: Director Danny Boyle (Slumdog Millionaire, Trainspotting, 28 Days Later) interviews writer-director Rose Glass about her terrifying religious horror film;
- RURAL HORROR: Longtime FANGORIA editor Michael Gingold discusses this eerie aesthetic in two new films, ANTLERS and THE WRETCHED;
- SAW: The series is back with the innovative, Chris Rock-produced film SPIRAL. Director Darren Lynn Bousmann and writer Josh Stolberg discuss their new, psychological take on the franchise;
- HOT NEW FICTION: horror tales by Mick Garris and Nicole Exposito;
- PORNO: In which a 90s movie theatre meets a ragtag group of Christian teens meets an ancient succubus on a testicle-exploding rampage. What could go right?