Spring and love are in the air for FANGORIA #11! Throughout this issue, you’ll find love as deep as the magical magenta on the cover: from a kickass married makeup duo to a minister’s wife caught up in a vampiric (but romantic) midlife crisis. Plus, we show some lovin’ to the reason we’re all here in the first place - horror itself - with personal writing and historical retrospectives.
- BARBARA CRAMPTON: Longtime FANGORIA contributor Barbara Crampton graces the cover as JAKOB’S WIFE! For Barbara’s new film, we’ve got an exclusive set visit and FX pictorial. What’s a nice minister’s wife doing with all those teeth? Well….
- GODZILLA VS KONG: Is he a monkey’s uncle, or a lizard wizard? We interview director Adam Wingard;
- CREEPSHOW: It’s back! We check in again with makeup artist Greg Nicotero, who introduces the magnificent monsters of the new season of Creepshow;
- JOHN CARPENTER: The legendary director discusses his musical collaboration with his son and godson, the album Lost Themes;
- COME TRUE: Fangoria vet Michael Gingold covers this Canadian tech horror film, in which a sleep study patient starts to dream of a pursuing spectre;
- MEKASH MAKEUP: Boils, wrinkles, and ooze! We feature the gnarly work of married makeup FX couple Eryn Krueger Mekash and Michael Mekash;
- HAMMER HORROR: More than just a Kate Bush song! Diana Prince (Darcy the Mail Girl herself) gives you a gothic primer on Hammer Film, the iconic British house that ruled horror from the 50s to the 70s;
- LOVING ON THE HORROR HOSTS : Actor David Dastmalchian (The Suicide Squad) pens a love letter to the horror hosts that got him hooked on the genre;
- BEYOND BLOOD AND EVIL: Julie Klausner & Tom Scharpling list the scariest things in non-horror.